We have already seen the new Yamaha YZF 450 on this website, and it’s now time to learn about Honda’s newest releases for 2020; Honda CRF 450R, CRF450RWE, and CRF450RX.
The insanely powerful 2020 CRF450R is now equipped with Honda’s Selectable Torque Control,
developed through HRC’s worldwide racing effort, the system maximizes rear-tire hookup.
Racers can choose between smooth, standard, and aggressive riding modes. Honda hasn’t revealed in what way the mapping has been altered.
With changes to optimize PGM-FI and HRC Launch Control mapping with suspension and brake tweaks plus more to the 2020 CRF450R Works Edition too – known as the CRF450RWE.
Honda has also lowered the battery mounting location by 1.1 inches (almost 3 cm). If the center of gravity is lower, there will be for sure better handling.
The rotor-guard on the rear wheel has been eliminated to increase cooling of the rotor and to reduce weight on the 2020 Honda CRF450R, CRF450RWE, and CRF450RX.
Okay, okay… It’s awesome, but, how much does it cost? Well, the new Honda CRF 450R will be available this month, on July, for $9,399. The other two will be available in August. CRF450RX for $9,699, and finally 2020 Honda CRF450RWE $11,999. Maybe @motomediaa can pay that with the money he gets from his Instagram account :’). Have you seen the interview? He has now 70k followers!
CRF450RWE has two new updates; a new titanium Yoshimura header pipe, lighter and more powerful. It also has dual compound Renthal Kevlar grips, remember these two updates are exclusively for CRF450RWE
2020 Honda CRF450R, CRF450RWE, and CRF450RX Specifications
- Motor: Four-stroke single
- Displacement: 450cc
- Bore x stroke: 96.0 x 62.1mm
- Compression ratio: 13.5:1
- Valvetrain: SOHC; 4 valves
- Fueling: EFI w/ 46mm throttle body
- Starting: Electric
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Final drive: 520 chain
- Frame: Twin-spar aluminum
- Front suspension; travel: Fully adjustable Showa inverted 49mm fork; 12.0 inches (RWE: Kashima coating on fork tubes)
- Rear suspension: Linkage-assisted fully adjustable Showa shock; 12.4 inches
- Tires: Dunlop Geomax MX3S (RX: Dunlop Geomax AT81)
- Front tire: 80/100 x 21 (RX: 90/90 x 21)
- Rear tire: 120/80 x 19 (RX: 120/90 x 18)
- Front brake: 260mm disc w/ 2-piston caliper
- Rear brake: 240mm disc w/ single-piston caliper
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 58.4 inches (RX: 58.2 inches)
- Rake: 27.2 degrees (RX: 27.3 degrees)
- Trail: 4.6 inches
- Seat height: 37.8 inches
- Ground clearance: 12.9 inches
- Fuel capacity: 1.7 gallons (RX: 2.25 gallons)
- Curb weight: 247 pounds (RX: 255 pounds)